This comprehensive course is designed for managers and staff who require a detailed understanding of accounting – including non-financial managers and executives, budget holders, accounts personnel and support staff working with accounts.
Managers today need to understand Finance. This involves moving beyond budgeting, and acquiring an understanding of the key concepts involved in the organization’s financial decision making. Typical questions non-financial managers should be able to answer include:
– What are the financial priorities we face?
– Is this project financially viable?
– Why is performance below or above budget?
– What can be done to improve cash flow?
– Why are profit margins under pressure?
– How can the return on capital employed be increased?
– Should we acquire this business or not?
– What’s the relative profitability of different products and different customers?”
The topics we cover in this course (and further courses in our finance management program) will enable you to answer these questions with confidence.
- Suitable For: First-line and Middle Managers
- CPD Credits: 20 Hours
- Access: 3 months
- Certification: Download your CPD Certificate on completion
- Additional Resources: Download Learners manual, additional articles and worksheets
The course comprises the following lessons:
Lesson 1 – Getting Started
Video – What is Accounting?
SECTION 1: THE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING
Lesson 2 – The Purpose of Accounting
Video – A brief History of Accounting
Lesson 3 – Types of Business Entity
Video – Which Legal Structure?
Lesson 4 – The Basics of Accounting
Video – The Basic Accounting Equation
Lesson 5 – Bookkeeping
Accounting Foundations – Quiz 1
SECTION 2: ACCOUNTING IN PRACTICE
Lesson 6 – Debits and Credits
Video – Debits and Credits
Lesson 7 – Financial Statements
Video – 3 Types of Financial Statements
Lesson 8 – Accounting Standards
Video – The Importance of GAAP
SECTION 3: ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR ACCOUNTING
Lesson 9 – Mathematics for Accounting
Accounting Foundations – Quiz 2
Lesson 10 – Wrapping-up
Understanding Accounting – Course Evaluation
CERTIFICATION: DOWNLOAD YOUR CPD CERTIFICATE ON COMPLETION